Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting.. and More Waiting.

The days went by and I tried to live a normal life as possible. Trying not to stress and think about what's going to happen to me. I was kind of in denial about the whole situation, I felt as if I was still waiting as if there was still a chance I wouldn't be having Open Heart Surgery. Soon enough I came to a point where I knew I was going to have to go through this. I was scared. I felt like crying when I would be at school and something someone said would remind me of the situation. I became angry. I didn't want to talk about it, I'm not very good at saying how I feel. My mom ended up helping me she told me to just cry. To just get it all out. To not hold in emotions. And it worked! School became kind of the thing that took my mind off of  my surgery. It was only Sept, and I was still waiting for my phone call from that surgeon. I was hoping it was after Halloween. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It would be nice to just have fun, of course no Haunted Houses for me!  Don't want my heart racing fast. A week or so later the surgeon called and said they are backed up. But that my surgery date was November 22nd. I was kind of disappointed it was that far away. Which means it was more and more waiting more and more stress and also a lot of worry. I would be in there for Thanksgiving. Me and my family had a lot to be thankful for. A little bit later after we found out about my surgery. A lady had contacted my mom and asked if she could do a  fundraiser for me, She said she saw my moms status about it and wanted to help our family. Of course my mom and my whole family was speechless. We said yes. Her name was Margaret Mondragon, shes the wife of my parents Tattoo artist Jr. Mondragon. Margaret, a lady we know  only so little of. Wanted to help me, our family.  God had sent her to us. To help us, so our family didn't feel alone. My fundraiser was Oct. 16.... To Be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment